Monday, August 21, 2006

Craziness is starting again!

Well, kids are back in school and now my life is no longer my own again. Take this week for example. Tonight I have a board meeting at school, tomorrow Melissa has dance, Wednesday is open for right now. Thursday--right after school there is a PTO meeting, then there is a 2hr meeting at church starting at 6:30. I also have the auditors coming that day at work, so that will be a total day from hell. Then Saturday I need to go to my mom's real estate company for some training--I keep waiting for my first listing. She may have one, I have to wait and see. Then next Monday we have a girl scout meeting at school, then dance, then yada yada yada. I know it sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm not. One of my major goals with my kids is that I will not be the reason they can't be involved in extracurricular activities. My mom was never able to pick me up after school (too busy working) so it was hard for me to do anything. I remember sitting in front of school for 2 hrs in my cheerleading uniform waiting to be picked up after a game. I will NOT do that to my kids. So I'm happy to have them involved in things, it's just hard organizing all of it and keeping track!

I spent 3 hrs cleaning my master bathroom on Saturday. Do you think it was that disgusting? Not really, but I was pretty anal this time. It was really bothering me. My hair is falling out like crazy, so I have these long wanna-be-blonde hairs on the counter, sink, floor, and everywhere and I got sick of it! Mike was impressed.

Thanks to the support of Autumn, we have now been kid-free in our bed for 4 nights and counting. She made me think I could get Nathan out of my bed, and he's been sleeping in his own bed (which is right next to mine, so not all that impressive) and I have slept so much better--and so has he! Thanks, Autumn--I can always count on you for advice and support!

Ok, that's enough chatter for today. Back to my Monday!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Yeah for Nathan!!! I'm glad it's working!!!

What a busy time. I hope you survive. Who will help keep me company here at work if you burn out and end up in the state hospital? :)