Friday, August 11, 2006

Melissa's Birthday

Well, today is Melissa's 6th birthday. I was supposed to be off today, but had to take off yesterday instead. She was upset that I was leaving her with grandma, but I'll make it up to her over the weekend. I feel bad--her bday is before school starts and before dance starts, so it's hard to invite a bunch of her little friends to her party, which is what she wants to do. The dance girls she hasn't seen for 2 months or so, and I feel weird having our first interaction in months as an invitation to her bday party. So, it's just family tonight, and we're going to Cracker Barrel to eat and then going to swim at her grandparent's house. She'll be happy when it's all said and done. I'm more nervous about the fact that the class lists will be posted at school today at 4:00, so that's when I find out FOR SURE who her teacher is and who else is in her class. That is so scary! Anyone else obsess about their kid's teachers? I think I'm the worst. I'm eating banana bread while I'm pondering this, I wonder if that grosses Autumn out? I know she has a thing about bananas.

1 comment:

Autumn said...

I don't mind banana bread as long as it has nuts and cream cheese frosting...but that's more of a banana cake than bread.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELISSA!!!