Monday, August 14, 2006

Woes from the PTO

Well, it's been a few years since I was involved in the PTO (with Stephen) but I thought I'd jump back in with Melissa starting kindergarten this year. OH MY GOD!! What was I thinking??? On Saturday, we spent about 12 hrs painting the United States on the playground at school, and it was like 100 degrees outside and I'm not the world's best painter, and today I can hardly walk. I think I aged about 20 yrs in that one day. The school has 900 children, but there were 3 parents who volunteered to help, and one of them had the flu so we got her to go home and rest. Luckily, our husbands came up to help us, or we would have been there all night. So, I got to bed at about midnight Friday, got up at 6am Saturday, got to bed at about midnight Saturday and got up at 6 Sunday, got to bed at about midnight last night and got up at 5 today. I NEED SLEEP!!!! I think I'm gonna fall over if I don't get a solid 8 hrs of sleep tonight. Could someone tell my kids to cooperate so that I can get to bed early? How do other parents handle this no sleep thing?

Honestly--I'm happy to help out at school. I think it's very important to stay visible with the teachers, make sure they know who you are and that you are involved with your child's education. But, why don't other parents feel this way? School starts this Thursday, maybe things will change and more parents will get involved. If not, someone shoot me before I volunteer again.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

I bet it looks beautiful. Where are the pictures?

Elisa said...

I'm going to be involved when mine go to school. I agree with you, it is important.