Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sorry, I was a bad wife last week.....

So everyday I get an email with a "how to be a generous wife" tip. It's a great thing--anyone interested in this can sign up at: Generous-tip_the-generous-wife.com

Sometimes the tips are laughable to me, but sometimes they are very convicting. Mike and I didn't have a whole lot of time together this weekend, the kids had stuff going on and then he had to work yesterday. So last night I was tired, and wanted to just lay in bed and watch "The Bachelor". Mike came in the room a few times wanting to talk, and I guess I wasn't very responsive. I heard him say 3 times "why do you have to be so mean? Why are you so crabby? I wish you would be nicer to me." I honestly didn't understand him.

Back to my tip today-- the writer tells how her husband's love language is "words of affirmation" and about how she had complimented him and how happy it made him. Then her words of advice are about how men don't read minds and we if they are similar to her husband, they really need us to TELL them how we feel about them and how much we love them. Ok, today I think she was just talking to me. If I could just say a few nice things to him each morning it would start his day off better, and instead of just thinking of myself at night (he's had a long day too!) then I need to do the same thing then. And I need to get out that Love Languages book again and reread it to refresh my memory.

So I lost 4 more pounds this week! Yippee! I am so excited--can you tell? Still no bikinis on the horizon for me, but does a 36 year old mom really need to wear a bikini? Not in my house. And still not to the point where I can go shopping for new clothes. Do all women have 3-4 sizes of clothing in their closets? I tried to get Mike to understand this. He wants me to get rid of the bigger ones, but then what happens if I go back that size? I know--shouldn't think that way. The times I have gained weight were all pregnancy-related, and since we won't be having any more babies I hope to be able to maintain, but you never know....

This will make me seem pitiful. Melissa had a cheer competition on Sunday, and there were 5 sqauds in her level and her squad took 1st place! They did so great!!! I got really nervous because at the very beginning she is way up in the air and the girls holding her have to walk around with her, and there were no adult spotters. (Thanks to the mom who pointed this out as our girls were lining up!) Anyway, nobody fell, she smiled the whole time, and they had a blast. So fast forward to award time. I got confused (I wasn't the only parent, thank goodness) and they announced the last place in her category first, and so on, and they finished with the champions, which was her squad. Well while they were announcing the 5th and 4th places, I was confused and thought only 2 teams would place, and so I almost flipped out. I stood up in the bleachers and was about to yell. Luckily, a dad in front of me yelled first, and then we heard them continue on with the awards, and saw them give the biggest trophy and the banner to our girls' squad. I tried to sneakily sit down in order to not draw attention to me and my craziness, but I'm sure it was noticed. Funny thing is, none of our girls realized that they took 1st, and when it was done and I ran down the steps with my camera to take pictures of them with the trophy, they were all asking "who won?" So to them, it was just fun and they loved it, but I was psychotic and almost got out of control. This is something I need to work on before her next competition in a month!!!

I better stop now. I have so much to post about Stephen--it will have to wait for tomorrow. I found something interesting (of mine from high school) yesterday and am trying to decide whether or not to use it to prove a point to my 15 year old.

Bring on the snow!!!

1 comment:

Mel said...

With your title, I thought you meant something else :) You're not a bad wife !

And yeah on the weight loss !!! Keep up the good work !